Ordering is a fundamental, high priority, high frequency task, but it can get complex.
- Starting for the first time, log into your account dashboard.
- Click on any of the blue outlined links as shown in the screen shot below:
- Here you have a choice -
1 - Create a Market List - this is your shopping list
2 - Create a Purchase Order - fast-track to a new request
- If you’ve arrived at ML or PO, click ‘Add new’.
NOTE: For extra control you can create template lists for your teams to choose from - this will speed up ‘time to send’ as well as improve ‘time to choose’.
- Give your list a name, e.g. Area / Period => Dry Store / Wk1 and assign your outlet - your place of work
- Now search for items you wish to order
- Next to each item add the amount you wish to order:
- Total units = Total no. of items
- Packs = Total groups of items
- Example = 4500ml / 6 bottles / 1 case
- Once all items have been added, scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Create'
NOTE: You can add notes to each line item by clicking on the ‘speech bubble’ icon. These instructions can then be actioned by your vendor of choice.
- PO’s are quick and easy.
- Click ‘Add new’.
- PO name defaults to the day of creation.
- Assign your outlet.
- Assign your Purchasing Class.
IMPORTANT: Classes tie all of your transactions together which ultimately drives your P&L - make sure you post to the right Class > All transactions to Food as well as all transactions to Beverage.
- Scroll to the Market Lists section and you will see the list just created.
- Click ‘select’.
- Now click ‘Create’.
NOTE: You can add any number of lists together along with individual products > the system will automatically organise all items for you in the next step.
Check and Send
- Once you have created your PO request, you’ll notice that all the hard work has been done for you.
- All items from the Market List are now organised by vendor.
- Expand each vendor row to check the details.
- See in the example screen below, how the ‘item notes’ have been added from the original list.
- Now you can edit any quantities you wish to order, remove items as well as add more products. Quantities and totals will adjust accordingly.
- From here click each ‘Email to Supplier’ row. This will send your order details direct to the ‘Order email’ as specified in the supplier profile.
- Once sent you will see your Order status change to ‘Submitted’.
NOTE: If sending orders by email, then each of your vendors will receive a notification -
this will contain a digital link to your order which your vendor can click to ‘accept’.
IMPORTANT: If your vendor does not accept > then you can accept on their behalf from within the Purchase Order > once submitted, you can accept. This needs to be be actioned before acccepting deliveries.